The St James
Make yourself at home in one of the 16 guestrooms, featuring kitchens with refrigerators and stovetops. Your pillowtop bed comes with premium bedding. Rooms have private balconies or patios. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, and flat-screen televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment.
Make use of convenient amenities, which include complimentary wireless Internet access and ski storage.
- Hiking/Biking nearby
- Ski storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Laundry facilities
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Mountain bike nearby
- Smoke-free property
- Free WiFi
- Free wired internet
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Free self parking
- Luggage storage
- Beach towels
The front desk is open daily from 8 AM - 8 PM. This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. To make arrangements for check-in please contact the property at least 72 hours before arrival using the information on the booking confirmation. Guests will receive an email 5 days before arrival with check-in instructions. Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival. At check-in, guests must provide a record of full COVID-19 vaccination. The COVID-19 vaccination record requirement applies to all guests aged 12 and up; guests must have received complete COVID-19 vaccination at least 30 days prior to check-in.
- Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges
- Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges; special requests cannot be guaranteed
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation
- Guests must contact this property in advance to reserve cribs/infant beds, rollaway/extra beds, and high chair
- This property accepts major credit cards; cash is not accepted
- Safety features at this property include a fire extinguisher, a smoke detector, and a first aid kit
Continental breakfasts are available daily from 8:00 AM to 9:30 AM for a fee.
Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and luggage storage. Free self parking is available onsite.
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Chisholm Park - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Hanmer Springs Thermal Reserve - 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
Conical Hill Walkway - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Hanmer Heritage Forest - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
Conical Hill - 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
Mount Isobel Track - 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
Mount Isobel - 6 km / 3.7 mi
Hanmer Forest Park - 6.7 km / 4.1 mi
Hanmer Springs Bridge Lookout - 9 km / 5.6 mi
Waiau Ferry Bridge - 9 km / 5.6 mi
Hanmer Springs Ski Area - 13.5 km / 8.4 mi
Awatere Valley - 31.1 km / 19.3 mi
Nelson Lakes National Park - 42.9 km / 26.6 mi
Wairau River - 44.9 km / 27.9 mi
The preferred airport for The St James is Christchurch International Airport (CHC) - 133.4 km / 82.9 mi
Qualmark® assigns an official star rating for accommodations in New Zealand. This Motel property is rated 5 stars. Official New Zealand Rating provided by Qualmark®
- This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F.
- Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; guests are provided with hand sanitizer; cashless payment methods are available for all transactions; masks are required in public areas.
- Contactless check-out is available.
- At check-in, guests must provide a record of full COVID-19 vaccination.
- The COVID-19 vaccination record requirement applies to all guests aged 12 and up; guests must have received complete COVID-19 vaccination at least 30 days prior to check-in.
- No cribs (infant beds) available
- No elevators
- Property is cleaned with disinfectant
- Staff wears personal protective equipment
- Protective clothing is available to guests
- Masks are available to guests
- Gloves are available to guests
- Guests are provided with free hand sanitizer
- Social distancing measures are in place
- Contactless check-in is available
- Property confirms they are implementing enhanced cleaning measures
- Individually-wrapped food options are available
- Individually-wrapped food options are available for breakfast
- Bed sheets and towels are washed at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F
- Commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant
- Property confirms they are implementing guest safety measures
- Contactless check-out is available
- Cashless transactions are available
- Masks are compulsory at the property
- Guests must provide health documentation
- Guests must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Minimum age for proof of COVID-19 vaccination requirement: 12
- COVID-19 vaccine must have been received a minimum number of days before check-in: 30
- Pets not allowed
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for continental breakfast: NZD 16 for adults and NZD 16 for children (approximately)
- Rollaway bed fee: NZD 50.00 per night